Reasons why I should blog again...

Sunday, September 16, 2007

INSECTS!

ah...the joys of being a biologist. I find that it is not very common to see a woman of my age get very excited over a big stack of smelly scat or of a particularly hairy, fast, spider...but I DO! I am very much loving my new entomology class and I am finding the world of insects to be a very fascinating place! The best part, of course, is the fact I managed to course my little brother into joining the class with me and he is now my side-kick and partner in crime as we capture/kill bugs for our insect collections.
This past weekend we spent up Spanish Fork Canyon collecting. If you are wondering about the pictures...YES that is a damsel fly in my mouth. It is convenient to hold them their while preparing the glassine envelope. The guy with the authentic Tahitian crown is our professor- he's amazing!check out paul's sweet skills here:

2 comments:

vfg said...

cutie, cutie.

I have bugs in bags in my freezer, btw. can I take them out after a week or so? Or do I have to keep them there until Paul gets here?

Mindy said...

First of all, that is very cool of Valerie to get bugs for you. Second, you are quite cool - don't forget to add to your happy biologist list that it makes you the favorite for curious nieces and nephews!