Reasons why I should blog again...

Monday, October 8, 2007

The Bugs of Southern Utah

Paul and I spent a wonderful weekend in southern utah. While it snowed in idaho falls and provo, I got sunburnt and probably the best chaco tan lines I have ever had! My allergies were killing me the whole weekend. I guess when I was shaking branches I found pollen instead of bugs. We had a really good time though. The first night was spent at Lytle Ranch in the most southwest corner of Utah.
The sunset was amazing!














Paul and I had a blast looking for scorpions...although we didn't find any the first night we did have a great time with the blacklight and pretended to be starwars superstars with fearsome lightsabers
We missed the smashing pumpkins concert :( which was sad but really we don't need to go to a concert for good music...We dug through the plant litter and found beetles and crickets. I know this is a bug catching trip but I can't get over my love for amphibians!
The second day we made some stops in which my allergies were exceedingly bothersome and we weren't finding much
so Paul and I kept occupied by taking pictures and making sweet movies!

The second night was spent in this amazingly beautiful campground by st george.




My dinners didn't really turn out too well. I should really stop volunteering for things I don't know how to do.

There was some good brother/sister/bug bonding....














Sweet Huge Coleoptera...

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I don't really like bugs, but I'm really glad that you do! That was an incredibly entertaining blog! Thank you! I loved your professor - talking about entymologists gone wild, then straight to a serious identification - that was funny. And you got some great pix of you and Paul. I love it.

Chrissie Lou said...

very lovely.
the blacklight star wars sounds were my favorite :)
you guys are hilarious!

Christine Frandsen said...

5 years later and i love this blog post. reminds me of the first weeks of knowing paul and falling in love! :)

Christine Frandsen said...

6 years! holy cow!